I've had no coil separator on mine in four years\ and no problems.You have to use 16" coils in this set-up and the top of the lower coil is always up over the shaft protector so there is no coil binding on the edge.
i made mine with 14"coils and 15"ranchos built spacers on the bottom to componsate for the shorter springs, mine come just above the body of the spring at full extension but i used vw strut bumps on the shafts keeps springs centerd(enough)and didnt have to build bumpstops.
2014 rock buggy. 106" wheelbase, zuk 1.6L-auto, kick-300 doubler, 4 link front and rear with 14" fox shocks, yota axles,locked front and rear, longfields, 38.5/16 tsls on 15" tmr beadlocks
sami buggy- junked
2004 dodge ram1500 4x4, 5.7l hemi- tow rig
1990 vw gti hoping to hit 400000 be for safety runs up
Post by Cherokee Chief on Oct 18, 2012 19:02:35 GMT -4
Andy got some more done on the chassis this week after taking a week off to get his own crap done. Got the floor section all done and started on the right side door bar.
Got the B-Pillar in place 30* rake.
Don't know what the hell I was doing here. lol
Getting set up for the A-Piller, with the ole masking tape to see if it will work.
Got the A-Piller bar all bent and tacked in place to see if its OK. At 50* rake its looking good. A little smokey in the shop. ;D
This things going to look fast sitting still. .
i wanted to keep the front sheet metal full width, but due to the front diff being set foreword quite a bit, I had to pinch the front sheet metal so I will be able flex withe the big boys. So with a bit of measuring and staring at the front we decided to remove 18" out of the center. So out comes the saws all and cut off wheel and ca-ching its in 2 pieces. no turning back now.
Installed the fenders and cowl to the front header and installed on frame to check it out.
Crap now the hood won't fit, hood is now 3 inches too long, so now we got to lengthen the fenders 3 inches now.
From the drivers seat.
Cut the grill to fit, looks good, 4 sections exactly.
I'm really impressed on how it turned out, really ;D
Post by Cherokee Chief on Oct 20, 2012 19:19:40 GMT -4
Went down to Andy's today to get some more done on the buggy.
I started the day off stripping the guts out of my D44 and swapped them into a D44 that Andy had kicking around, it has stronger tubes than mine but the long side has to be shortened about a inch to fit my axle shaft, no biggie.
then I cleaned up the diff of all its mounts that I will not be using.
While I was doing that |Andy was working on the tubing for the cabin portion of the buggy.