Tonight I pulled the rear end, steering box, drivers side exhaust manifold and other bits and bobs from the parts Jeep. The steering box has zero play in it, and the one in my Jeep now has quite a bit. I was going to adjust it, but since it's so easy to change, I might just do that instead. I started to pull the brake booster, but you need to be a contortionist to get at the bolts! I got two out, but decided to save the other two for another night, lol.
Last weekend, I dismounted the tires, cleaned the crap out of them, pulled the weights, and used airsoft bbs for balancing. Very happy with the results, and now I don't have to worry about losing or spinning a weight off-road.
Well I got the front RC 4" lift installed, and it went without a hitch. I'm now sitting 3" higher than I was with the 2" BB. I wasn't able to get the rear installed yet as I've been fighting with very difficult bolts on the sway bar links, and the lower shock bolts.
This is how it's sitting right now, with the front about an inch higher than the rear.
The bottle on the WJ sits really low, right in front of the drivers tire. When the tire goes up in the wheel well, it can catch the pumps or bottle, and rip them off. I ripped the connector apart for the rear pump on mine, and have been lucky so far that I hadn't tore them right out.
The ZJ bottle just happens to fit nicely under the hood where I put it, and the pumps and level sensor from the WJ bottle fit the ZJ bottle.
Installed my rear Bilsteins tonight, and changed the rear pads. New tie rod ends should be here tomorrow, along with my new aux LED reverse lights. The rear bump stops are rotted out, and the old shocks were acting as them. I need to get new ones welded in before I go wheeling again so I don't kill the new shocks.
I picked up 1.5" Spidertrax wheel spacers today, and got them put on. The rear tires won't rub the shocks now, but I might have to use my 12lb sledgehammer to massage the foot well area of the wheel well for the tires to clear when turned and stuffed. I haven't been able to check the clearance yet though.
Last Edit: Jan 12, 2016 14:07:44 GMT -4 by derekmac
One project I've been working on for the Jeep is to make a carputer. My son got an iPad for Christmas, and no longer needed is old 7" Samsung Tab 3, so that will be the base for the install.
Just about everything in the Jeep is controlled through the CANBUS, and using my Bluetooth ELM327 device, and an app called Car Bus Interface, my tablet is able to receive everything the Jeep is doing. The app is setup so that the steering wheel stereo buttons control the music player on the tablet. I can adjust the volume, and change tracks, which I think is pretty damn cool!
I'm also running Torque Pro, which monitors various sensors on the Jeep, and can read and reset fault codes. I also have offline topo maps, and offline GPS installed.
I made a holder for the tablet out of aircraft aluminum. I've shaken it very hard with the tablet in it, and it didn't budge, so it should survive off-roading.